National Tsing Hua University Scholarship
International students are eligible to apply from the following scholarships or financial support. Scholarships may come from different sources, such as NTHU, government institutions, and private organizations. Please follow the steps and processes required for a particular scholarship program.
Application Guidelines for International Students
Spring 2021 Application Periodd
August 15 - October 15 15:00pm (Taiwan Time)
Fall 2021 Application Period
Undergraduate Admission: November 15 - February 15 15:00pm (Taiwan Time)
Graduate Admission: January 1 - March 15 15:00pm (Taiwan Time)
※ All required application forms and relevant documents must be received by the above deadlines. If the application is received late or incomplete, Office of Global Affairs will not handle the application.
Online Application Procedure
Application Required documents
1. An online application form
Complete and print out the online application form at National Tsing Hua University Online Application for International Students
If you have technical problems to fill in the online application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +886-3-5715131 ext 62461
2. A photocopy of diploma in English or Chinese
Applicants for bachelor degree programs must provide a photocopy of their high school diploma.
Applicants for master degree programs must provide a photocopy of their bachelor degree diploma.
Applicants for doctoral degree programs must provide a photocopy of their master degree diploma.
1. Applicants who are in the process of completing their studies at the time of application can submit a letter from their current school/university clearly stating their anticipated graduation date.
2. Applicants who will be pursuing a second degree (B.Sc. or MA/MBA) in a different field of study must submit a photocopy of their first degree/diploma.
3. Before NTHU’s Registration, new students are required to submit diploma and transcript notarized by the Taiwan Embassy or Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the country of the school.
3. Official transcripts in English or Chinese
Applicants for bachelor degree programs must submit an official high school transcript.
Applicants for master degree programs must submit an official bachelor degree transcript.
Applicants for doctoral degree programs must submit official transcript from both bachelor & master degrees.
4. Statement of purpose
Please provide a concise study plan with a maximum of three pages. In the study plan, applicants are encouraged to describe their motivation for choosing NTHU, and for choosing the specific department or program that they are applying. For graduate students, potential contribution to the department and research interests may also be included.
5. Two recommendation letters
Letters of recommendation are preferably from faculty members capable of evaluating the applicant’s academic qualifications and research potential.
6. Financial certificate
All applicants are required to provide a financial statement issued by a financial institution showing their financial sustainability (minimum US$ 4,000) for study in Taiwan, or a certificate of scholarship. If the submitted financial statement is not under the name of the applicant, then the applicant’s sponsor(s) must provide an affidavit indicating their relationship to the applicant and their intent to provide financial support throughout his/her period of study.
7. Declaration form
Print out the declaration form and sign at the bottom after reading it thoroughly. If applicable, we may ask the applicant to submit a copy of statement of travel record, or their Forfeited Nationality Permit Certificate issued by Ministry of the Interior and Non-Household Registration Declaration.
8. Verification of nationality
Applicants must provide a copy of their passport or some other acceptable verification of their nationality.
9. Program specific requirements
Applicants must read through the admission instructions for any additional application instructions and/or required documents of the department or program that they are applying to. If applicable, these should be submitted at the same time with their general application.
Applicants for Bachelor programs must download the Pretest Instructions from Online Application System and submit the pretest (if any).
11. Application Fee
The regular fee is TWD 2,000 or USD 80 per department/graduate institute. Where an applicant applies for three or more departments/graduate institutes, the fee is TWD 1,500 or USD 65 per additional application from the third application onwards.
1. We only accept online applications. Please process your application at NTHU's Online Application System.
2. Incomplete submission is not acceptable and will result in cancellation of one’s application.
3. If you plan to apply to more than one program, you should submit a complete application packet for EACH program.
4. Please note that you should also have your highest level diploma and academic transcripts NOTARIZED by R.O.C. Embassy or Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the country/place where you received your degree and submit such documents upon registration
More information :